Introduction to Mac OS X, mac OS: versions, their differences and relationship to hardware architecture. Installing Mac OS X. Recovery Mode, creating a bootable device, and basic OS installation errors.
- Block diagram of power supply units, G3Hot 3.42 V;
- SMC (Embedded Controller, EC);
- Charge controller, battery, MagSafe, MagSafe 2, power PSU;
- GPU, LCD, LVDS/eDP;
- Peripherals internal: Keyboard & Trackpad, Camera, WiFi (Airport), Bluetooth, Audio, etc.;
- Temperature sensors, cooling fans and tachometers.
Typical faults, engineering defects and ways of their elimination
Non typical faults:
- unskilled intervention,
- mechanical damage,
- liquid flooding,
- connection of non-certified devices and power supplies,
- unlock EFI bootloader.
Inspect your MacBook before starting repairs.
Primary diagnosis: symptoms, solution search algorithm.
Opening the device:
- necessary tools
- disassembling nuances: protective strips, hidden loops.
MacBook Diagnostics and Board Troubleshooting:
- MagSafe input circuit 3.42 V driver;
- Enabling signals EC (SMC) and MCP / PCH;
- Charge Controller and Power Switch ISL6258 / 6259;
- 3.3 V and 5 V standby voltage generator TPS51125.
Replacing defective components / assemblies on the board:
- Replacing external peripheral connectors (USB, Audio);
- Replacing internal peripherals (Keyboard, LVDS / eDP, WiFi, Speakers, Camera / ALS);
- MacBook video chip replacement.